Gouda Tater Tots
- Yield: 8 servings
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 6ounces smoked cheddar cheese
- 6ounces Gouda cheese, shredded
- 2teaspoons salt
- 1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Cornstarch for dredging
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roast the potatoes, with their skin on, for 25 minutes (they should still be hard in the middle). While still hot, carefully peel potatoes and shred on a box grater into a bowl; cool slightly.
- Once potatoes are warm, mix in the cheese and season with the salt and pepper.
- Form into half-ounce cylinders, 1½ inches tall and 1 inch round; reserve in the fridge.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a large pot.
- Cover the tater tots in cornstarch and drop in oil. Fry until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of Meat Market