Gorton’s Skillet Crisp Tilapia in Garlic and Tomatillo Salsa
- Yield 4 servings
- 1 medium jalapeno, stemmed and seede
- 1 pound green tomatillos, husks remove
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 package (13.3 oz) Gorton’s Skillet Crisp Tilapia Battered Fish Fillets - Classic Seasonings with Lemon*
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 dash non-stick cooking spray
- Place tomatillos, jalapenos and garlic in a medium saucepan.
- Cover with water by about one inch. Bring to a boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes until tomatillo skins have cracked, have a slight color change and are tender.
- Use slotted spoon to transfer tomatillos, jalapeno and garlic to a blender.
- Blend well.
- In a large nonstick skillet, spray nonstick cooking spray and cook garlic on low/medium heat for 1/2 minute or until tender.
- Pour tomatillo salsa into skillet.
- Arrange frozen fish fillets, leaving space between fillets, and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, turning fillets over as needed until fish is fully cooked.
- Serve with rice, if desired.