Golden Raisin-Tomato Pinchos
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 5 to 8 minutes
Plump golden raisins add a pop of sweetness to these savory toasts topped with Manchego cheese and prosciutto. If you can find them, rosemary stems with some of the leaves removed make a beautiful presentation in place of the standard toothpick.
- 1/2cup California Golden Raisins
- 1/2cup hot water
- 12pieces narrow baguette slices, 1/2-inch thick
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2cup minced sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained
- 12 (1-inch) cubes Manchego cheese
- 12slices prosciutto, folded into squares
- 12 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place raisins in a medium bowl and cover with hot water.
- Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet. Spray both sides of each slice with the olive oil spray. Cook in the oven until very lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Drain raisins and return to bowl; stir in sun-dried tomatoes. Spread raisin mixture over toasted baguette slices, evenly dividing and pressing down to adhere.
- Thread one cube of cheese and one slice of prosciutto onto each toothpick. Insert toothpick cheese side down into the center of each baguette slice. Arrange on a serving platter and serve.