Golden Raisin and Lentil Salad
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Here's a hearty and tasty salad. Whip it up in a hurry. Eat at leisure.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine water and lentils in a large microwave safe bowl. Cover and cook on high for 5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and drain well; transfer to a medium-size salad bowl with raisins, bell pepper and green onions. Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl; drizzle over lentils and toss to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionlly. Stir in pecans just before serving.
Recipe courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board