Golden Raisin Ambrosia Cheesecake Poppers
- Yield 16 pieces
- Prep 24 minutes
- Cook 5 to 6 minutes
Ever-popular cheesecake is served in a new style -- a small indulgent bite.
A buttery crunchy streusel crust with a touch of salty pretzels encloses raisin ambrosia melt-away cheesecake inside. There’s nothing like a yummy surprise!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons orange or citrus marmalade
- 1 tablespoon pineapple preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins
- Streusel Crust:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons finely crushed salted pretzels
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese to soften. Mix in orange marmalade, pineapple preserves, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir in raisins. Place in medium bowl; chill in refrigerator to firm mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine flour, sugar and butter to form crumb mixture. Stir in almonds and coconut; spread crumbs evenly into lightly greased 16 x 11-inch baking sheet.
- Bake 5 to 6 minutes, stirring after 2 or 3 minutes, until golden brown or light toasted.
- Remove from oven. Place into 16 x 11 inch cold pan. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes. Break up any large streusel pieces; stir in finely crushed pretzels.
- For each popper, using a rounded 1 tablespoon scoop, lightly roll cheese mixture into balls; roll in crumb mixture to coat. Place on plate to chill in refrigerator to firm, 20 to 30 minutes. Store in refrigerator until serving.
- Before serving, insert a fancy toothpick in center of each cheesecake popper.