Golden Quinoa Salad with Mango and Walnuts
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- 1/3cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 2teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1cup quinoa
- 2-- ripe mangoes, chopped
- 1-- red pepper, sliced
- 1-- green onion, thinly sliced
- 1-- chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2cup chopped fresh mint
- 1cup California walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- In medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, lime juice, ginger, curry, salt, pepper and oil. Set aside.
- Salad: Add quinoa to a large saucepan of boiling salted water. Cook 10 minutes. Pour quinoa into a fine strainer, reserving cooking liquid. Return cooking liquid to pan and place quinoa, in strainer, over cooking liquid. Cover with lid or foil and continue to steam about 10 minutes more of until quinoa is tender. Let cool.
- In bowl, combine quinoa and dressing until well combined. Gently stir in mango, red pepper, green onion, chilies, mint and walnuts.