Golden Potato Salad with Creamy Harvest Dressing
- Yield 12 servings
Toss together a healthful low-fat potato salad with mouth-watering golden potatoes, onion, celery and bacon. The creamy, yet fat-free dressing is mostly nutrient-rich fruit and veggies, too.
- Creamy Harvest Dressing:
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes or yams in light syrup, drained
- 1 slice yellow onion, 1/2-inch thick
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped, flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, washed, cut in 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 -- ribs celery, peeled and finely diced
- 2 -- strips of bacon, cooked crisp, fat drained and crumbled
- To make the dressing, purée all of the dressing ingredients, except for the parsley, in a blender or food processor until smooth; stir in the parsley.
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot of water until tender, about 15 minutes; drain. While still hot toss the potatoes, onion, celery and bacon and the dressing prepared before; set aside to cool.