Golden Pineapple Carrot Muffins
- Yield 8 servings
These light and cakey yet wholesome muffins are perfect for breakfast or a lunch snack.
The banana and pineapple add a natural source of sweetness while the strands of grated carrot add texture and color. Enjoy warm out of the oven.
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon unprocessed sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup expeller-pressed oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup canned crushed unsweetened pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup finely shredded raw carrot
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease an 8-cup muffin tin.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a large bowl.
- Combine the eggs, banana, oil, and vanilla in a blender. Pour over the dry ingredients. Add the walnuts, pineapple, carrot, and nuts and stir just until the flour is moistened.
- Fill the muffin tin cups two-thirds full, using a 1/3 cup measure.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown, testing for doneness with a toothpick or piece of pasta.
Reprinted with permission from The Wholesome Junk Food Cookbook, by Laura Trice. Copyright 2010 Running Press.