Golden Pear and Almond Gratin
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2cup honey
- 1/4cup dry white wine
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2cup sliced almonds, toasted and divided
- 1tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2pounds ripe pears, peeled, halved, cored and cut
- In saucepan, combine honey, wine, lemon and orange juices. Bring mixture to a boil, whisking to dissolve honey. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, chop 1/4 cup almonds. In small bowl, stir together chopped almonds, lemon peel, orange peel and cinnamon until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- In greased 10-inch gratin dish or pie plate, layer half of pear slices; sprinkle with chopped almond mixture. Top with remaining pear slices and remaining 1/4 cup sliced almonds. Pour honey mixture over pears.
- Bake at 400F for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 350
- Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 4mg
- Carbohydrate 74g
- Fiber 7g
- Protein 3.5g