Golden Lemon Thins
- Yield 36 servings
These lemony cookies are thin and crisp.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 -- egg
- 3/4 cup sifted flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Cream butter in mixing bowl. Beat in brown sugar gradually. Blend in egg. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by scant teaspoonfuls 3 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350F for 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Saturday Club’s Main Line Classics II: Cooking Up A Little History (Wayne, Pennsylvania, 1996).