Goat Cheese Torte
- Yield: servings
"Whenever I serve this, it is a big hit. If there is any left over, I freeze it or serve it over hot pasta."
- 1pound goat cheese, softened
- 3/4cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8ounces jarred basil pesto sauce
- 1/2cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 8ounces jarred sun-dried tomato pesto sauce
- Cream goat cheese and butter with a mixer at medium speed until very smooth. Spray a 6-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer one quarter of the goat cheese mixture, half the basil pesto sauce and 2 to 3 tablespoons almonds in pan. Add one-quarter of the goat cheese mixture and half the sun-dried tomato pesto sauce. For the third layer, add one-quarter of the goat cheese mixture, the remaining basil pesto sauce and 2 to 3 tablespoons almonds. Top with the remaining goat cheese mixture, tomato pesto and almonds.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Unmold onto a serving plate and let stand 1 hour before serving. Serve with crackers.
Recipe by June Laughlin, The Villages, Fla.