Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Yield 10 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 30 mins
How can one possibly improve on such a near-perfect food as mashed potatoes? By folding in tangy, earthy goat cheese, of course!
Try crumbled feta cheese, Alouette or any other soft, flavorful cheese in your mash, too.
- 14 cups coarsely chopped, peeled russet potatoes (4 pounds)
- 1 cup whole milk (plus more if needed)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 7 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup snipped chives (optional)
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes well in a colander.
- Heat milk, half-and-half, butter and goat cheese in the same pan over medium heat. Add potatoes and mash with a potato masher or fork. Add salt, pepper and chives, if using, and stir well.
Recipe by Chef Chris Koetke.
For a complete menu featuring Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.