Goat Cheese Grits
- Yield 4 servings
This southern tradition is a true comfort food.
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits or stone ground grits
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half or milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cook the grits until creamy, using he package directions. Add the butter, goat cheese, half-and-half, parsley, basil, pepper and salt and mix well. Cook until the cheese is melted and the mixture is heated through, stirring frequently.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Junior League of Lake Charles Marshes to Mansions (Junior League of Lake Charles, Louisiana, 2007).