Goat Cheese Grits
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1cup quick-cooking grits or stone ground grits
- 1tablespoon butter
- 4ounces goat cheese
- 3tablespoons half-and-half or milk
- 2teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cook the grits until creamy, using he package directions. Add the butter, goat cheese, half-and-half, parsley, basil, pepper and salt and mix well. Cook until the cheese is melted and the mixture is heated through, stirring frequently.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Junior League of Lake Charles Marshes to Mansions (Junior League of Lake Charles, Louisiana, 2007).