Goat Cheese and Roasted Garlic Dip
- Yield 2 cups
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 60 mins
Fresh soft chevre makes a lighter-flavored dip than the all-too-common ranch dressing clones.
Use Montrachet or whatever soft, creamy goat cheese you prefer. For the best taste, refrigerate overnight before serving.
- 2 heads garlic
- 7 ounces soft goat cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 6 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut off the top quarter of each garlic head. Wrap in foil and roast about 1 hour or until soft. Unwrap and cool 15 minutes.
- Squeeze garlic pulp into a large bowl; mash. Stir in goat cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, chives, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 1 week.
Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough.