Gluten-Free Spaghetti Squash “Pasta” Puttanesca
- Yield: servings
- 1large spaghetti squash
- 1pint grape or cherry tomatoes, each cut into quarters
- 1/2cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced, plus additional leaves for garnish
- 2cans white or light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/4cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1tablespoon drained capers, coarsely chopped
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- -- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place squash in 9-inch glass pie plate and pierce six times with sharp knife. Microwave on High 5 to 6 minutes per pound, about 20 minutes total, or until squash is tender when pierced with knife. Cool 10 minutes for easier handling.
2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix tomatoes, sliced basil, tuna, olives, capers, oil, vinegar, ¼ teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper until combined.
3 Cut squash lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. With fork, scrape flesh to separate into strands and place in large bowl; discard shell. Drain squash if necessary. Add remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and teaspoon pepper; toss to combine.
4. Divide squash among four dinner bowls. To serve, top with tomato mixture; garnish with basil leaves and Parmesan.
Reprinted with permission from Easy Gluten-Free from the Editors Good Housekeeping, Hearst Books.