Gluten-Free Salmon Cakes With Dill-Yogurt Sauce
- Yield 4 servings
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillets, diced
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- Dill-Yogurt Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white horseradish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease with oil.
- To prepare salmon: In a large bowl, combine the salmon, egg, scallions, potato starch, lemon zest, lemon juice, and horseradish. Mix together well.
- Form the salmon mixture into 4 equal-sized cakes and place on the prepared baking sheet. Season the top of the cakes with the salt and pepper. Broil for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cakes are browned on top.
- To prepare sauce, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, dill, salt, and pepper and mix well. Serve with the salmon cakes.
Dairy-free option: Use dairy-free plain yogurt.
This recipe originally appeared in The Gloriously Gluten-Free Cookbook; reprinted with permission from Wiley Publishing.