Gluten-Free Roasted Pepper Feta Muffins
- Yield 12 servings
It's the combination of briny feta and roasted peppers that really sells these addictive muffins.
- 2 cups brown rice flour blend (1 1/3 cups finely ground brown rice flour, 4/9 cup potato starch, 2/9 cup tapioca starch)
- 4 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped drained roasted red bell peppers, patted dry
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour blend, baking powder, oregano, salt, xanthan gum and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, vigorously whisk egg. Whisk in milk and butter until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well blended. Gently fold in roasted peppers and cheese.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.
Reprinted with permission from 150 Best Gluten-Free Muffin Recipes by Camilla V. Saulsbury, Robert Rose Inc.