Gluten-Free Granola Bars
- Yield 1 dozen
Try these tasty granola bars for a convenient on-the-go snack.
- 1 cup sliced raw organic almonds
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup local raw honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon organic sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dried organic cranberries
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (or dairy-free butter substitute)
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a large rimmed baking pan with baking parchment. Toast the almonds and oats together in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 mintues or until the mixture is slightly brown. Mix the maple syrup, honey, vanilla, salt, cranberries and coconut oil in a bowl. Add the oats mixture and mix well. Pour into the prepared baking pan and press with the back of a spoon. Bake on the middle oven rack for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cook for about 1 hour before cutting into individual bars.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Nutrition Balance for Life’s Ready, Set, Eat! (Dallas, Texas, 2011).