Gluten-Free Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Bread
- Prep 15 min
- Cook 55 min
This moist and fudgy bread has a memorable hint of spice and rich avocado flavor.
Note: Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Fresh Avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and mashed
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8×4-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, cocoa, salt, cardamom, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat avocado and sugar at medium speed until smooth. While beating, add eggs; beat on high speed until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Fold dry ingredients into avocado mixture until blended; pour batter into to prepared pan. Bake 55 minutes; cool. Cut with sharp serrated knife for best results. Top with a dollop of whipped cream for a decadent treat. One serving=1 slice.
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 3%; Calcium 9%; Iron 11%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.