Gluten-Free Fresh Cherry and Almond Muffins
- Yield 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour blend (1 cup finely ground brown rice flour, 1/3 cup potato starch, 1/6 cup tapioca starch)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 -- egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pitted Bing cherries
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour blend, almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and xanthan gum.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, egg, oil and almond extract until well blended. Whisk in yogurt and milk until blended.
3. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well blended. Gently fold in cherries.
4. Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.
Reprinted with permission from 150 Best Gluten-Free Muffin Recipes by Camilla V. Saulsbury, Robert Rose Inc.