Gluten-Free Fresh Cherry and Almond Muffins
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 1/2cups brown rice flour blend (1 cup finely ground brown rice flour, 1/3 cup potato starch, 1/6 cup tapioca starch)
- 1/2cup almond flour
- 1tablespoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 1-- egg
- 1/4cup vegetable oil
- 3/4teaspoon almond extract
- 1cup plain yogurt
- 1/4cup milk
- 1cup coarsely chopped pitted Bing cherries
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour blend, almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and xanthan gum.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, egg, oil and almond extract until well blended. Whisk in yogurt and milk until blended.
3. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well blended. Gently fold in cherries.
4. Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.
Reprinted with permission from 150 Best Gluten-Free Muffin Recipes by Camilla V. Saulsbury, Robert Rose Inc.