Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Manicotti
- Yield: 15 to 18 servings
- 2-- free-range eggs, beaten
- 1cup milk alternative, such as plain rice milk
- 1/2teaspoon organic sea salt
- 1cup all-purpose Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- -- Olive oil
- 2cups shredded dairy-free, soy free cheese
- 1-- free range egg
- -- Organic seal salt and pepper to taste
- -- Crepes
- 1cup gluten-free spaghetti sauce
- To prepare the crepes. Combine the eggs, milk alternative, salt and Flour Blend in a bowl and stir until smooth. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes. Heat a 5- to 6- inch frying pan that has been lightly greased with olive oil. Pour in 2 tablespoons of the batter and tilt and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook on one side for 1 minute. Flip with a spatula and cook the other side. Plate the crepe and repeat with the remaining batter.
- To prepare the filling. Preheat the oven to 375F. Mix the cheese, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl. Place 1 tablespoon of the filling in each crepe and gently roll up. Spread enough spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom of a 9×12-inch baking pan. Arrange the filled crepes over the sauce and pour more sauce over the top. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Nutrition Balance for Life’s Ready, Set, Eat! (Dallas, Texas, 2011).