Gluten-Free Crepes with Fresh Berries
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2cup Gluten-Free Flour Blend (below)
- 1pinch organic sea salt
- 1/2cup plain rice milk
- 1-- free-range egg
- 1cup fresh or frozen organic berries
- -- Confectioners' sugar to taste
- Gluten-Free Flour Blend:
- 1 3/4cups white rice flour
- 1 1/4cups brown rice flour
- 3/4cup potato starch
- 1cup tapioca starch
- Heat the oil in a shallow nonstick skillet over medium heat. Mix the Flour Blend and next 4 ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until smooth. Pour 1 ladle of the batter in the center of the skillet and immediately rotate the skillet until a thin layer of batter covers the bottom. Cook for 1 minute. Flip the crepe wih a wide flat spatula to prevent tearing. Cook for 1 minute or until golden on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter. Roll up the crepes to enclose ssome of the berries in each and arrange on serving plates. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Nutrition Balance for Life’s Ready, Set, Eat! (Dallas, Texas, 2011).