Gluten-Free Crepes with Fresh Berries
- Yield 4 servings
Start your day off right with these light and tasty crepes topped with fresh berries.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Flour Blend (below)
- 1 pinch organic sea salt
- 1/2 cup plain rice milk
- 1 -- free-range egg
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic berries
- -- Confectioners' sugar to taste
- Gluten-Free Flour Blend:
- 1 3/4 cups white rice flour
- 1 1/4 cups brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- Heat the oil in a shallow nonstick skillet over medium heat. Mix the Flour Blend and next 4 ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until smooth. Pour 1 ladle of the batter in the center of the skillet and immediately rotate the skillet until a thin layer of batter covers the bottom. Cook for 1 minute. Flip the crepe wih a wide flat spatula to prevent tearing. Cook for 1 minute or until golden on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter. Roll up the crepes to enclose ssome of the berries in each and arrange on serving plates. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Nutrition Balance for Life’s Ready, Set, Eat! (Dallas, Texas, 2011).