Gluten-Free Cocoa and Banana Muffins
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1cup millet flour
- 1/2cup hazelnut meal
- 1/3cup teff flour
- 1/3cup brown rice flour
- 1/4cup quinoa flakes
- 3tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2large eggs
- 1/3cup blond cane sugar or granulated white sugar
- 1/4cup light Muscovado sugar or light brown sugar
- 1stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/3cup buttermilk
- 2teaspoons vanilla
- 2large bananas, mashed with a fork
- -- sprinkle of black sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare 12 muffin cases; set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients except the two sugars; set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the two sugars and eggs. Beat until light. Stir in the butter, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Add the mashed bananas.
4. Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated (don’t overmix).
5. Fill muffin papers and sprinkle with black sesame seeds. Bake the muffins for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry.
Reprinted with permission from Lake Austin Spa Resort.