Glowing Mashed Potatoes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2pounds red-skin or golden potatoes, peeled, cut in large chunks
- 1-- (8.25-ounce) can sliced carrots, drained
- 1tablespoon butter or oil
- 1/4cup milk, half-and-half, or cream
- 1/4teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 minutes; drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile purée the carrots in a food processor until completely smooth.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher or ricer. Mix in puréed carrots and remaining ingredients. Warm over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 197
- Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 6mg
- Sodium 105mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 3g