Glowing Mashed Potatoes
- Yield 6 servings
Adding carrots to these mashed potatoes adds color and healthy nutrients.
- 2 pounds red-skin or golden potatoes, peeled, cut in large chunks
- 1 -- (8.25-ounce) can sliced carrots, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1/4 cup milk, half-and-half, or cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 minutes; drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile purée the carrots in a food processor until completely smooth.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher or ricer. Mix in puréed carrots and remaining ingredients. Warm over medium heat, stirring constantly.