Glazed Turkey with Cornbread Stuffing
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2cup chopped celery
- 3cups spinach, washed, torn and stemmed
- 1 1/2cups packaged cornbread stuffing
- 1/2cup fat-free canned chicken broth
- 1large egg white
- 1teaspoon dried thyme
- 1cup apricot-pineapple preserves
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2tablespoons packaged dry onion soup and recipe mix
- 3pounds skinless, boneless turkey breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion and celery over medium heat until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in spinach and saute just until wilted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add cornbread stuffing, chicken broth, egg white and thyme, stirring until well combined. Place stuffing in a 2-quart oblong baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together preserves, mustard and onion soup mix.
- Lay turkey on top of stuffing and season. Pour sauce over the top. Bake, uncovered 1 hour, or until turkey is done. Baste with sauce during cooking, and cover loosely with foil during cooking if turkey browns too quickly.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 540
- Fat 3.4g
- Saturated Fat .9g
- Cholesterol 149mg
- Sodium 1065mg
- Carbohydrate 66.7g
- Protein 59.9g