Glazed Squash with Walnuts and Thyme
- Yield 8 servings
With fall and winter written all over this seasonal recipe, this smart choice uses 86% less saturated fat than a typical mashed winter squash recipe.
- 2 medium acorn squash (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut acorn squash in half (cutting through the stem end) and scrape out seeds. Cut into 3/4-inch thick slices and place in a large bowl. Toss with the olive oil and half the vinegar; spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes; sprinkle with walnuts and thyme and cook for 5 minutes more or until squash is tender. Drizzle with remaining vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper.