- Yield 4 servings
Glazed oranges tempt the palate as dessert or side dish.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 4 tablespoons brandy
- 4 large navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- Combine the first 5 ingredients. Bring them to a boil.
- Cook until the liquid is clear and thick.
- Pour the liquid over orange sections and chill.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Rochester’s Applehood and Motherpie (Rochester, New York, 1981).