Glazed Orange Coconut Cake
- Yield: 20 servings
- 2 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2cups granulated sugar
- 3/4cup finely shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 2teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1cup coconut milk
- 1/2cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1cup fresh orange juice (4 to 5 oranges)
- 1tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- Orange glaze and garnish:
- 2cups powdered sugar
- 1/4cup fresh orange juice (1 orange)
- Toasted coconut chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Combine flour and next five ingredients (flour through salt).
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut milk, oil, eggs, vanilla, and orange juice and rind. Pour into dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour into prepare pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before removing from pan.
- To prepare glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and orange juice. If there are little lumps, let glaze sit 30 minutes, until they dissolve. Pour glaze over completely cooled cake. Sprinkle coconut chips on top, if using.
Recipe courtesy of Global Table Adventure.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 270
- Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 250mg
- Carbohydrate 41g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 3g