- 3tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1/4cup Dijon mustard
- 2tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- Heat brown sugar, honey, mustard and soy sauce in the microwave until melted together around 30 seconds. Add in ginger.
- Rub salmon with olive oil and place skin side down on a nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Glaze salmon, and cook 5 minutes until crispy.
- Turn salmon over, glaze and cook an additional 3-5 minutes until desired doneness is achieved.
- Heat remaining glaze in pan for 1 minute and serve as an accompaniment.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Gulf Coast Favorites (Holly Clegg, 2008). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 271
- Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 88mg
- Sodium 523mg
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugars 10g
- Protein 35g