Glazed Mustard Salmon
- Yield 6 servings
With its distinctive sauce, this recipe is one of those last minute, simple-to-prepare dinners with gourmet appeal.
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In microwave-safe dish, heat brown sugar, honey, mustard and soy sauce until melted together, 30 seconds. Add ginger.
- Coat salmon with oil; place skin side down in heated nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover salmon with glaze, cook 5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Turn salmon over, cover opposite side with glaze. Continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes longer or until salmon is cooked to desireddoneness. Add remaining glaze to pan, heat 1 minute, and serve with salmon.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.