Glazed Fresh Strawberry Pizza Pie
- Yield 12 to 16 servings
When strawberry season hits, have fun with this engaging and luscious take on a fresh strawberry pie.
- 1 (16.6-ounce) roll refrigerated ready-to-slice sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup diet Sprite
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 quart strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Strawberry halves for garnish (optional)
- Fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Preheat oven 350F. Spray a large pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mold cookie dough along pizza pan and bake until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Combine , Sprite, cornstarch and strawberries in a small saucepan. Boil over medium heat for 3 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Allow to cool.
- Beat cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar until creamy. Drizzle in orange juice until well-mixed. Add in orange rind.
- Layer cream cheese over cookie.
- Spread strawberry mix over cream cheese. Garnish with strawberry halves and whipped topping. Chill.