Glazed Fresh Strawberry Pizza Pie
- Yield 12 to 16 servings
When strawberry season hits, have fun with this engaging and luscious take on a fresh strawberry pie.
- 1 (16.6-ounce) roll refrigerated ready-to-slice sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup diet Sprite
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 quart strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Strawberry halves for garnish (optional)
- Fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Preheat oven 350F. Coat a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press sugar cookie dough onto prepared pan. Bake about 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely.
- In small nonstick pot, combine sugar, Sprite, cornstarch and strawberries. Mix well. Bring to boil over medium heat, and boil about 3 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and vanilla, and set aside to cool.
- In mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar until creamy. Gradually add orange juice and mix well. Stir in orange rind.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over baked sugar cookie. Carefully spread cooled strawberry mixture evenly over cream cheese layer. If desired, garnish with strawberry halves and serve with whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.