- Yield: 8 servings
Make sure your pears are ripe but still firm to the touch.
- 4 firm, ripe pears
- 1/4cup orange juice
- 1/2cup finely crushed gingersnaps (about 8 cookies)
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 2tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Half-and-half or vanilla ice cream
- Peel, halve and core the pears. Arrange the pear halves cut side up in a 7-1/2×12-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Drizzle with the orange juice.
- Mix the gingersnaps, sugar, walnuts and melted butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the pears.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until the pears are tender.
- Serve warm topped with half-and-half or ice cream.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Eugene, Oregon, Cooking from the Coast to the Cascades (Junior League of Eugene, Oregon, 2002).