Gingered Edamame with Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
- Yield 6 servings
This protein-packed vegetable dish pairs perfectly with a lean cut of beef, like a petite filet. Once the chopping is done, the cooking takes just minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes (such as Hunt's or Muir Glen)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups shelled edamame
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft and translucent, about 6 minutes. Add ginger and cook, stirring, 1 minute longer. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Do not brown garlic.
- Add tomatoes, soy sauce, broth and edamame. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Prevention Positively Ageless A 28-Day Plan for a Younger Slimmer, Sexier You © 2007 by Cheryl Forberg. Permission granted by Rodale, Inc., Emmaus, PA 18098.