Gingered Edamame with Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2tablespoons peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes (such as Hunt's or Muir Glen)
- 2tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 4cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 2cups shelled edamame
- 3tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft and translucent, about 6 minutes. Add ginger and cook, stirring, 1 minute longer. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Do not brown garlic.
- Add tomatoes, soy sauce, broth and edamame. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Prevention Positively Ageless A 28-Day Plan for a Younger Slimmer, Sexier You © 2007 by Cheryl Forberg. Permission granted by Rodale, Inc., Emmaus, PA 18098.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 126
- Fat 4.5g
- Sodium 318mg
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Fiber 2.5g
- Protein 6.5g