Ginger Vanilla Frost
- Yield: servings
- 2whole scoops (1/3 cup each) vanilla ice cream
- 12ounces chilld ginger beer or ginger ale
- 1whole squeezed fresh lime juice
- 3tablespoons lightly sweetened whipped cream
- 1tablespoon toasted shredded coconut
- 1whole lime slice for garnish
- Place ice cream in a tall 16-ounce glass. Fill with ginger beer. Add a squeeze of lime juice; stir. Top with whipped cream and coconut. Garnish with lime slice. Serve immediately with straws and a spoon.
- To toast coconut: Heat an oven to 350F. Spread coconut on a baking sheet with sides. Bake in the center of the oven 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring often. Cool. Store in an airtight container.