The National Turkey Federation
- 2cups boiling water
- 1cup bulgur (cracked wheat) or substitute cooked rice (omitting step 1)
- 1/3cup water
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 2tablespoons honey
- 2teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1large clove garlic, minced
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- 1tablespoon oil
- 2cups carrots, peeled and diagonally sliced
- 2cups broccoli flowerettes
- 2cups mushroom, sliced
- 1-- (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1pound turkey breast cutlets or slices, cut into strips
Pour boiling water over bulgur and let stand one hour; drain and set aside.
Combine 1/3 cup water, lemon juice, honey, ginger, soy sauce and garlic. Dissolve cornstarch in mixture; set aside.
Heat oil over high heat in wok or nonstick large skillet. Add carrots; stir-fry 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add broccoli, mushrooms and water chestnuts; stir-fry about two minutes more. Remove from pan.
Stir-fry turkey until lightly browned. Add sauce and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and translucent. Return vegetables to the pan; heat through.
Serve over bulgur (or cooked rice).
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 260
- Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 220mg
- Carbohydrate 37g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 24g