Ginger-Honey Grilled Chicken on Salad
- Yield 6 servings
Grilled chicken is marinated and dressed with with one simple vinaigrette.
- -- Ginger-Honey Dressing
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 -- jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- -- Salt and pepper, to taste
- -- Chicken:
- 1 -- washed mixed greens
- 1 -- washed spinach, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice, cooked and chilled
- 1 -- red onion, finely chopped
- 2 -- tomatoes, diced
- 2 large handfuls fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, plus 1/2 cup for garnish
- 6 -- boneless chicken breasts
- To make dressing, combine honey, vinegar, olive oil, peppers, ginger, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Marinate chicken breasts in 1/2 cup of the dressing mixture (see associated recipe). Keep chilled until ready to grill. Toss all salad ingredients, except 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, in extra large bowl. Begin grilling the chicken. Add 1 cup of dressing to the salad and toss. When chicken is cooked, either dice and add to the top of the salad with remaining sunflower seeds or serve on the side.