Ginger-Curry Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Yield 4 servings
Here’s a dinner (or lunch) that’s a hit with kids. Precooked chicken and coleslaw mix make it a snap to prepare.
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Asian ginger dressing, usually found in the produce section
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup rainbow slaw mix
- 1 -- Granny Smith apple or other tart apple, sliced thinly
- 3 -- scallions, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup sweetened, flaked coconut, toasted
- 12 large leaves soft lettuce, such as Bibb or Boston lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine salt, pepper, ginger dressing and curry powder and mix well.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except lettuce leaves, to bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Place two lettuce leaves on each plate, fill each leaf with a small amount of the chicken mixture and serve.