Ginger Chicken Kebabs
- Yield: 4 servings
- 6-- chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2tablespoons canola oil
- 2tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1stalk lemon grass, chopped
- 1-- 2 inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2cloves cloves garlic
- 4-- scallions, cut into 1-1/2inch lengths
- 1tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In bowl of food processor, place canola oil, rice vinegar, sugar, salt, lemon grass, ginger and garlic cloves. Process until lemon grass is chopped fully, about 3 minutes. Transfer to glass bowl. Add chicken thighs to bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours, or overnight, or up to 2 days.
- Prepare charcoal or gas grill, or preheat oven broiler. Thread chicken pieces and scallions, alternating. Place on grill and cook, turning once, until chicken is firm and opaque, about 6 – 8 minutes per side. Plate on serving platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.