Ginger Ale Maple Glaze
- Yield 16 servings
Use this glaze on hard squash, tofu, tempeh or any protein.
Brush it on during the last 15 minutes of cooking time so the sugars caramelize but don't burn off.
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pureed ginger root
- -- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients well in a mixing bowl. This mixture can be refrigerated for up to 3 weeks. Makes 2 cups.