German Chocolate Brownies
- Yield: 16 pieces
- 1-- (4-ounce) package German Chocolate
- 2tablespoons margarine
- 3-- eggs
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla
- 1cup sugar
- 1/2cup plain flour, not sifted
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1-- (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Melt chocolate and margarine and cool. Beat 2 eggs with 1 teaspoon vanilla in bowl and add 3/4 cup sugar. Continue beating until thick. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and add to egg mixture, mixing well. Blend in cooled chocolate mixture and nuts and set aside. Cream together cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy. Blend in 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Spread half of chocolate mixture in greased and floured 8x8x2-inch pan. Pour cream cheese mixture on top. Drop spoonfuls of remaining chocolate mixture on cream cheese mixture. With small spatula, swirl through layers to marble. Bake at 350F for 40 to 45 mintues. Cut into squares when completely cooled.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Newnan Junior Service League’s A Taste of Georgia; Another Serving (Junior Service League, Newnan, Ga., 1994).