German Beer Spread with Swiss and Cheddar
- Yield 12 servings
Make this delicious cheese spread a day ahead of time so the flavors have time to blend.
- 2 cups (8-ounces) Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups (8-ounces) Wisconsin Swiss Cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup dark German or other beer
- Assorted rye or pumpernickel crackers, breadsticks or rye bread rounds
- Bring cheeses to room temperature; place in a food processor bowl fitted with metal blade. Add Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and garlic. Pulse until combined. Add beer and process until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Pack in crocks or decorative jars; refrigerate overnight to blend flavors.
- Bring to room temperature and serve with crackers or bread rounds.
Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board