Georgia Cornbread Cake
- Yield: 12 servings
"This recipe has been in my family for many years. The ground pecans give it the texture of cornbread but there isn't any cornmeal in it."
- 1cup sugar
- 1cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2cups self-rising flour
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2cups pecans, chopped very fine
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Stir together sugar, brown sugar, eggs and oil in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in flour and vanilla. Add pecans and stir until evenly mixed. Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
– Stella T. Thompson, Fort Payne, Ala.