Gazpacho with Shrimp
- Yield 8 servings
This terrific low-fat tomato-based soup is full of veggies and shrimp.
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound small cooked peeled shrimp
- In a large bowl, mix together tomato juice, vinegar and garlic.
- In another bowl, combine green pepper, red pepper, tomato, onion and green onions. Add half vegetable mixture to tomato juice mixture. Place remaining half of vegetable mixture in a food processor and process until smooth. Add to tomato juice mixture. Stir in basil, oregano, hot sauce, pepper and shrimp. Refrigerate, covered, until well chilled or overnight.