Gazpacho with Fresh Mozzarella and Garlic Croutons
- Yield 5 servings
This "summer in a bowl" is a great way to make use of fresh tomatoes in a different and simple way.
- 5 cups crushed, super ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced or cubed
- 1/2 cup slivered fresh basil
- 10 slices baguette slices
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Crush tomatoes with your hands, sprinkle with sugar, sherry vinegar, good olive oil, and kosher salt, then put them aside to “stew.”
- Place fresh mozzarella in pasta bowls. Top with 1 cup tomatoes, basil and croutons.