- Yield 6 servings
This chopped salad featured all the ingredients of the classic soup soup, gazpacho.
- 2 cups diced, peeled cucumber (if the seeds are large, remove)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 2 cups diced ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup minced basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Let marinate 20 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Chef Steve Petusevsky