Garlicked Spinach and Mushrooms
- Yield: 4 servings
To serve as an appetizer, use a broiler-proof skillet. Scatter 4 ounces shredded mozzarella over mushrooms and broil for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese melts and browns. Serve out of pan.
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 1teaspoon butter, optional
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2cups button mushrooms, quartered
- 1cup shiitake mushrooms, quartered
- 1large portobello mushrooms, diced
- 1/2cup dry red or white wine
- 2cups spinach leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1tablespoon low-sodium tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3cup grated parmesan or asiago cheese
- 1/2teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- Heat oil and butter, if using, in a large nonreactive nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute 2 minutes or until garlic browns lightly. Add the mushrooms and saute 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Add wine, and using a wooden spoon, stir and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Continue cooking until all liquid evaporates from pan.
- Add the spinach and saute 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Add the tamari or soy sauce, cheese and pepper. Stir and heat through.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 78
- Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 268mg
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Protein 5g