Garlic-Yogurt Mashed Potatoes
- Yield 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 8 pieces each
- 6 garlic cloves, cut into halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- Place potatoes and garlic in saucepan. Add water just to cover. Add salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are soft and just beginning to fall apart. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water. Return potatoes to pan.
- Add yogurt to potatoes and mash together. It they are too thick, add a little reserved cooking water a few tablespoons at a time.
Reprinted with permission from For Cod and Country © 2011 by Barton Seaver (Sterling Epicure, an imprint of Sterling Publishing Co. Inc.)