Garlic Spinach Pasta with Pine Nuts and Raisins
- Yield 4 servings
Sweet sultana raisins and tangy sun-dried tomatoes star in this easy pasta dinner.
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup yellow sultana raisins
- 1 (6-ounce) bag baby spinach
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (optiona)
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until tender, according to directions. To prepare up to a day ahead, cook pasta, rinse in ice water, drain and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts, continue to saute until nuts brown lightly. Add raisins, cooked pasta and spinach; toss well to combine until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Add parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve.