- 4pounds red-skinned potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 9large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2tablespoons (1/4 stick) light stick margarine
- 1tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2/3cup (or more) canned fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes and garlic in a large pot of salted water for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Using an electric mixer, beat potatoes and garlic, then add margarine and rosemary and continue mixing until smooth.
- Add hot chicken broth incrementally, followed by parmesan cheese. Stir ingredients until smooth and season to taste.
Recipe reprinted with permission from American Favorites (Holly Clegg, 1996). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 160
- Fat 2.5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 3mg
- Sodium 488mg