Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
The chicken broth in these potatoes makes them light and fluffy without adding any fat.
- 4 pounds red-skinned potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 9 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) light stick margarine
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2/3 cup (or more) canned fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes and garlic in a large pot of salted water for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Using an electric mixer, beat potatoes and garlic, then add margarine and rosemary and continue mixing until smooth.
- Add hot chicken broth incrementally, followed by parmesan cheese. Stir ingredients until smooth and season to taste.