Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
The chicken broth in these potatoes makes them light and fluffy without adding any fat.
- 4 pounds red-skinned potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 9 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) light stick margarine
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2/3 cup (or more) canned fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and garlic and cook until both are very tender, about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer potatoes and garlic to a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat potatoes and garlic. Add margarine and rosemary and beat until smooth. Gradually blend chicken broth into potato mixture. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe by Holly Clegg