Garlic Lemon-Pepper Broccoli
- Yield 2 servings
You can cut the last 2 inches of stem off the broccoli florets and then peel the stems before chopping and incorporating them in the recipe. Broccoli stems are usually sweet and loaded with fiber.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium head broccoli, broken into florets (3 to 4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat
- Add garlic and cook until it begins to brown. Immediately add onions and broccoli and saute a minute
- Add lemon pepper and water. Continue to saute until water is almost evaporated and broccoli is tender but still al dente. Season with salt.