Garlic Gruyere Mashed Potatoes
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Garlic and Gruyere cheese gives these mashed potatoes a lot of added flavor!
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled
- 3/4 cup milk, heated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 -- garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
- Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Combine the potatoes with enough water to cover in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes or until tender; drain. Beat the potatoes in a mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in the hot milk, sour cream, butter, garlic, salt and red pepper. Add the cheese and mix well. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Louisville’s Splendor in the Bluegrass (Junior League of Louisville, KY 2000).